WWW.ANTITOUR.COM.AR

WHY "AntiTouR"?? Because it´s a different way to see the city, in a tour.. but still not a conventional tour, is private and unique, I show you the city the way I live it, through my eyes... My favourite spots, but not leaving aside Buenos Aires Highlights. Things you must see, and some you shouldn´t see in a normal tour...
I´m a porteña, and I´ve lived here all of my life, I studied art restoration so my view is focused to art and architecture, which I think Buenos Aires has lots to show, believe me...
What else? just try it. I´m open to suggestions!


FOR MORE DETAILS
magdalena@antitour.com.ar


Sunday, June 14, 2009

Milongas in Buenos Aires





What´s a “Milonga”? It´s a Tango term for sure, but it has more than one meaning, First we call MILONGA to the Tango clubs, the location for tango dancing where couples go to learn and dance tango, there´re lots of Milongas in Buenos Aires, one, two and more for each day, the public is diverse varying depending on the milonga, is not easy to find a place 100% porteños anymore, tourists and expats are everywhere mixing with the local people. Secondly milonga also refers to a distinct style of tango, it difference is based on a faster-paced and less complex, and more emphasis on the rhythm of the music.





Qué es una Milonga? Es un término usado en tango, tiene mas de un significado, primero Milonga es el lugar en donde se baila el tango, donde las parejas van a aprender y bailar. Hay muchas milongas en Buenos Aires, más de una para cada día, la gente es muy variada dependiendo de la milonga, no es fácil encontrar un lugar con 100% porteños, los turistas estan en todas partes mezclandose con el público local. Milonga también es un estilo distinto de tango, su diferencia esta basada principalmente en un paso mas rápido y menos complejo con más énfasis en el ritmo.




1 comment:

  1. Tango is an amazing dance. What most people don’t know is that it tells sad stories about men that had their heart broken. Anyways, the lyrics are beautiful, and they match the beautiful culture of Argentina to a great music style. La Cumparsita is very well-known and has millions of fans around the world. Last year I rented a Furnished apartment in Buenos Aires which was located in Caminito, a neighborhood in which is all about tango. I even bought a costume! Milonga, on the other hand, is super fun, joyful and with a very catchy rhythm. I love both kinds of music; they are rich in history as well as in instruments.
    Cheers,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete